Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
LGBT DATING & LEARNING Bisexual Dating Lesbian Dating Site Gay Dating Site Transgender Dating Site Distance Degree Online Online Courses Master's Degree Online Online School Associate Degree Online
Sign in to follow this  
davidtrump

Brokeback Mountain, Paris Is Burning & Tropical Malady - The 30 Best LGBTQ+ Films of All Time

4. Brokeback Mountain (2005)

Director  Ang Lee

(24 votes)

Brokeback Mountain (2005)

When I first saw this at the 2005 Toronto Film Festival, I was upset for about a week. Simple thoughts about it would bring me to tears. Profoundly sad, with beautiful, complex, sympathetic performances across the board.

Ben Roberts

It was groundbreaking to see a mainstream film with big name stars approach a gay romance in such an authentic, sensitive manner, and Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger are both exceptional. Michelle Williams is also superb as the wife left reeling after the discovery of her husband’s true sexuality.

Nikki Baughan

If the number of tears that I shed while watching this are any measure of its greatness, well, this is a bona fide masterpiece.

Robin Baker

5. Paris Is Burning (1990)

Director  Jennie Livingston

(22 votes)

Paris Is Burning (1990)

What really is not to love about this epic gay ballroom film?

Bisi Alimi

Glamour, music, bitches and tragedy; and it’s all real. A special film with a legendary pedigree in class of its own. Like a limited edition Gaultier Bra. A story that says more about life and living life to the full than a thousand hollow promises the heterosexual world could offer.

Topher Campbell

6. Tropical Malady (2004)

Director  Apichatpong Weerasethakul

(21 votes)

Tropical Malady (2004)

Utterly bizarre. Utterly beautiful. The weirdest and most wonderful gay love story ever told. The final encounter between the hero, searching for his lost lover, and the tiger, is completely hypnotic.

Alex Davidson

bfi.org.uk

LGBT, WEIGHT LOSS & DIET Weight Loss Diet Weight Loss Programs Lose Weight Fast Weight Loss Supplements Ayurveda Lose Weight Bodybuilding Supplements Keto Diet Low Carb Diet Online Vegan Diet