Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
LGBT DATING & LEARNING Bisexual Dating Lesbian Dating Site Gay Dating Site Transgender Dating Site Distance Degree Online Online Courses Master's Degree Online Online School Associate Degree Online
Sign in to follow this  
davidtrump

My Beautiful Laundrette, All about My Mother & Un chant d’amour - The 30 Best LGBTQ+ Films of All Time

7. My Beautiful Laundrette (1985)

Director  Stephen Frears

(20 votes)

My Beautiful Laundrette (1985)

Homosexuality, racism and Thatcherism – a potent mix deftly handled in Frears’ evocative and bold comedy-drama.

Neil Mitchell

One of the best films about the Thatcher era – what it meant, how it shaped contemporary life and how its values might be challenged or reworked.

Maria Delgado

8. All about My Mother (1999)

Director  Pedro Almodóvar

(19 votes)

All about My Mother (1999)

My favourite of Almodóvar’s films, and one of the most sensitive works about transsexual and transgender living ever made.

Juliet Jacques

The ultimate Almodóvar film, fusing a narrative situation that could have come straight out of a Douglas Sirk melodrama with far more turn-of-the-millennium concerns about transvestism, transsexualism, AIDS, prostitution and out-of-the-blue bereavement.

Michael Brooke

9. Un chant d’amour (1950)

Director  Jean Genet

(18 votes)

chant-d-amour-002-man-inhaling-smoke-thr

Jean Genet’s unbelievably sexy film, set in a prison, has one of the all-time top homoerotic moments in cinema when the two inmates share a cigarette through a small hole by blowing the smoke into the mouth of the other. A stunning exploration of sex, power & violence.

Selina Robertson

Extraordinary and very beautiful.

Catharine Des Forges

bfi.org.uk

LGBT, WEIGHT LOSS & DIET Weight Loss Diet Weight Loss Programs Lose Weight Fast Weight Loss Supplements Ayurveda Lose Weight Bodybuilding Supplements Keto Diet Low Carb Diet Online Vegan Diet