Invision Community
FORUMS BLOG/NEWS USER BLOGS USER MEDIA ADVERTS   ADD  MANAGE CHAT CLUBS & USER PERSONAL FORUMS LINK EXCHANGE
LGBT DATING & LEARNING Bisexual Dating Lesbian Dating Site Gay Dating Site Transgender Dating Site Distance Degree Online Online Courses Master's Degree Online Online School Associate Degree Online
Sign in to follow this  
davidtrump

My Own Private Idaho, Tangerine & The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant - The 30 Best LGBTQ+ Films of All Time

10. My Own Private Idaho (1991)

Director  Gus Van Sant

(17 votes)

My Own Private Idaho (1991)

Keanu Reeves and River Phoenix give bravura performances as two gay street hustlers in Van Sant’s blistering early 90s exploration of the unforgiving American gay scene.

Nikki Baughan

Cinematic poetry.

Neil McGlone

11=. Tangerine (2015)

Director  Sean S. Baker

(15 votes)

Tangerine (2015)

A breath of fresh air and one that weirdly served to remind me of some of the best of ‘old’ queer cinema, following a working girl on a mission to find her man. LA never looked lovelier; I never smiled so wide.

Briony Hanson

Tangerine is full of drama, donuts and pathos but is also the best LA Christmas film since Die Hard.

Ben Luxford

11=. The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant (1972)

Director  Rainer Werner Fassbinder

(15 votes)

The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant (1972)

I could easily have included several Fassbinder films in this list (sorry Fox and Elvira), but I’ll allow myself only one. Everything you need to know about the cruelty of love in two hours. So savage. So perfect.

Michael Blyth

As with many of my favourite gay films, the specifics of sexuality are never an issue in Petra von Kant, leaving room for a universal exploration of how capricious love can be.

Peter Strickland

bfi.org.uk

LGBT, WEIGHT LOSS & DIET Weight Loss Diet Weight Loss Programs Lose Weight Fast Weight Loss Supplements Ayurveda Lose Weight Bodybuilding Supplements Keto Diet Low Carb Diet Online Vegan Diet